Thursday, June 25, 2009

Life of the Party

I will not feel guilty. I will not feel guilty. I will not feel guilty. I WILL NOT feeeeelll guilty. Feel guilty I will not young padawan. You know what I'm not doing? Feelin' guilty. I am guilt-free baby!...

Oh, Hello there Internet world. I am currently trying to shake a bit of the guilts I've been having lately. No, I didn't do anything illegal. I'm just a moron.

You see the other day I decided "Hey, I'm gonna have a Pizza Party as an excuse to get some people over to my house sitting house so I won't be bored." Only AFTER I plan the thing that I realize I may not have the cash for it. It was while I was having a lovely worry fit my father and I have this conversation:

Dad: C, you're not broke, you just got money this morning for graduating.
C: But Father, wasn't that money given to me by my loving and generous family to support my college education.
Dad: C, my graduation money was spent on a trip to Florida. And if you don't wanna spend the money, then cancel the party.
C: *Gasp* But Father, I cannot do that. For I have already made it an event on facebook and some of my guests have already posted themselves as "attending." I cannot disappoint them.
Dad: *Sigh* Whatever...

That got me thinking about how very unlike the typical teenager I really am. Most of my peers wouldn't bat an eyelash at blowing a chunk of their college fund on something stupid like video games, or new clothes. I even consider it and I start panicking about a future managing a McDonald's for the rest of my adult life and my family being forever disappointed at me for wasting my future by mis-using their gifts. If you cannot tell by now, I have a wee bit of a stress problem.

So I figured, since my friends haven't been disowned and I believe my family would support the idea of me taking a chill pill. I am going to use a small portion of my money to pay for a pizza party with friends. And the rest is probably all going to text books...stupid text books.

--------------------------------------
On a slightly related note, somebody must think I'm fun to be around, because they decided to share my fun with the entire town. Since I am so much fun, someone with access to my phone number decided to scrawl it somewhere on a park bench with "For a good time call" written next to it. I never thought people actually called those numbers, but some do, and trust me they do not provide the most intellectually stimulating conversation.

I am just baffled as to why someone would write my number on a park bench. I don't imagine any of my friends doing it, because they are sober most of the time. Also, on the list of people who don't like me, I don't see why any of them would take the time to do such a random thing. Oh well, I guess I'll never know how it got there. It may forever be a mystery.

No comments:

Post a Comment