I feel really sorry for anyone who want's to send me anything via snail mail these days. I think the best way to describe my living situation is "between residences." Long story short, moving out can get a little...complicated.
Here's the long story anyway. For those of you who don't know, I am staying in my latest home town to attend the local university. My parents, due to spousal reasons, have each relocated different cities within. Leaving me...here...in normal college town...by myself.
I know what your thinking, "Why on Earth would your horrible parents leave a poor, innocent, naive, fresh outta high school girl on her own so mercilessly?" Simple, because they're not horrible parents. My mother and father had to let me stay here cause I don't wanna quit my job. Hence, I have been living in my mother's empty house for the past few weeks to keep my lovely fast food employment intact. Besides, I like the fact that my parents trust me enough to leave me alone in town. And I really enjoy the fact that their financial generosity can span any number of miles.
I've even aquired a better place to stay for the next month. Not that my mom's old house was bad. But a friend of my dad's has asked me to house sit in her lovely, and quite beautifully air-conditioned, suburban home. It is by far one of the nicest places I've lived, even if it is only for a month.
So I can still see my parents while being moderately on my own, and I have a sweet house for a chunck of the summer. Perfect, no? Well there is one small problem. Food.
The worst thing about not living with your parents is them not buying you any groceries! I am by no means going hungry, but I am living off the generosity of others. I am eating the left behind groceries of the lady I am house-sitting for and my parents. I even have to vacate my housesitting residence to make room for painters for the next few days. So, since I have relocated to Dad's old apartment, I only have a random food stuffs and Dad's old nutri-system food. My latest meal, penutbutter and jelly on a hotdog bun. Delicious, yes, a hot and balanced meal, no.
Well, I was told that collge student's have odd (and very cheap) diets. I should have listned better. So I guess I'll be eating a lot more carbs till I move to the dorms, but for now I am left with what I can put together in to a meal and my dreams of Nana's home cooking.
Wednesday, June 24, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Um my house is the following:
ReplyDeleteAir conditioned
Has extra room
I will be vacating Thurs night
Lots of food
Are you interested in coming here/swinging by and cat sitting?
When I read the part about Nana's home cooking - U laughed out loud!!
ReplyDeleteWhat?! Hamburger Helper and canned peas is a home cooked meal. At least in my mind.
ReplyDelete