Monday, July 6, 2009

Curse You! You Sugary Menace!

*This post is being broadcast from my recent sugar coma*

Hello again internet world. Guess what? I am going to probably need around 3 more fillings soon. Why? Because, well, I have a problem

I suffer from what many scientists refer to as "glucose addiction. " I am one of many gluco-addicts, that's what we like to call ourselves in GA (Glucoholics Anonymous). I admit that I have a problem, but many of my brethren have not taken the first step in acknowledging their problem. The signs of gluco-addiction are very clear:
-Gluco-addicts often buy unhealthy candies and sugary drinks in place of healthier options
-Gluco-addicts will use any holiday as an excuse to over eat using excuses such as "Well I wouldn't usually eat an entire cake, but it is Flag Day."
-Finally, gluco-addicts have a habit of eating massive amount of food on any occasion to "have one last binge before I start my diet."

Now you may be saying, "But C, of all the things to be addicted to, is junk food really that bad?" The answer my friends is a definite YES! While gluco-addicts like myself can lead successful lives (plus we always take our friends to the best restaurants), the negative symptoms of glucose addiction are many. They include:
-Abdominal discomfort from eating to much in one sitting
-Lack of energy due being full all the time (Gluco-addicts often avoid exercise as well)
-Insecurity and constant worry over one's image

I can read your mind, "Oh here we go, another rant about obesity." Wrong-o my dear comrades. True, glucose addiction can lead to obesity, but not all gluco-addicts are overweight. We can actually be quite thin...but size isn't everything!

This is not an obesity rant...this is a call to all gluco-addicts! Release yourselves from your sugary dungeons! You know you hate it when you over eat! It doesn't even feel good while your eating the food (let alone the stomachache that will follow). Do not allow the societal norm of binge-eating be your excuse any longer! I am a recovering gluco-addict and I am here to say that you are not alone. We must band together, not for a diet, but a life change! Order fruit as a side instead of fries! Drink water instead of soda! Together we can change our world from All-You-Can-Eat to All-You-Need-To-Eat. Be the change you want to see in your health!

*steps off soapbox*

Why the huge rant you ask. I just finished off my candy stash ",so I won't be tempted later."

World, my name is MightyC, and I am a Glucoholic.

3 comments:

  1. My name is Giggy! I am just trying to be a better person!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your mom gave me your blog address, so you MUST blame her for my now
    A. stalking you (by which I mean commenting)
    B. fangirling you for the word Glucoholic. That is pretty amazing.
    C. fangirling you for using the term "my dear comrades"
    D. Making alphabet lists in your blog.

    So, basically, hi! You may not remember me, but I tortured you with funny attempts at socializing during your mom's wedding! Hiiiiii.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mom: We can make the change if we work together!

    Jennifer:

    1. I love lists.
    2. Thank you for you lovely comment and everyone needs a stalker.
    3. My lists tend to be numerical.
    4. I'm pretty sure I remember you, remind me what you look like.

    ReplyDelete